What is Web dynpro – Web dynpro for ABAP
Web dynpro is a great modeling environment of SAP which keeps the user-interface details of system in the form of metadata of SAP. With the help of Web dynpro we can reduce coding lines and easily fix the bugs quickly with less time. This way it boost efficiency of a programmer by many times.
Web dynpro is nothing but one framework for development of sap user interface to use with SAP NetWeaver system. This also support programming for different platform like JAVA ,ABAP and .NET etc.
The JAVA web dynpro comes with extensive design tool which are based upon Eclipse framework ans SAP’s NWDS. Such Java web dynpro are very helpful to any java programmer.
In Technical terms : Web Dynpro is a client-independent programming model which is being used for developing any sophisticated user interfaces in a system for any web based business applications which can be used in real business organisation.
Evolution of the name Web Dynpro , Dynpro means Dynamic Program it is SAP’s Legacy technology for interactive UI’s.It is to Combine High Interactivity (dynamic GUI) and Zero Installation.
What are the conventions to be followed in development of any Web Dynpro applications?
Web Dynpro context names should use only the characters A..Z, a..z, 0..9, _ . Digits can be used only from 2nd position. Any JAVA naming conventions can be followed but avoid using unicode characters to keep the names simple . However programmer should take care of avoiding use of the prefixes wd, WD or IWD, because they are the prefixes used during generation of internal coding entities.
Web dynpro – Basic Concepts to be used
1.Web dynpro View – It is a central logical layout element in the Web Dynpro application of sap system. It is helping in the presentation logic and for the browser layout.
Description of a visible screen area
Contains and lays out controls (aka widgets)
Defines actions (i.e. relevant input on controls by the user), which trigger event handling
2. Web dynpro Controller – It is a active part of web dynpro application,handles the data flow between the model and the view in both directions:
- Performs event handling
- Each component has a component controller
- Each view has a view controller
- Custom controllers may be added for further structuring
3. Web dynpro Model – is the interface to the back end system and is responsible for providing data to the entire application.
Represents the data in the back end
4. Web dynpro Component
- Reusable UI program package
- Mostly contains views, often uses models
- Communicates with other components via component interfaces
5. web dynpro Application
- Something can be run (from client application, i.e. web browser)
- Identified by URL
- Running an application means starting a component, navigating” to an initial view in an initial window.
Single UI unit representing a component’s user Interface/View Composition needed for embedding purposes.
A controller contains a context which holds the data. The data flow between the contexts is referred to as context mapping..
There are more areas to be covered in web dynpro as mentioned below:
- Controllers in Web Dynpro for Abap
- Web Dynpro: Context Mapping and Model Binding
- Web Dynpro for Java
- Web Dynpro Tutorials
- Web Dynpro- 4 Days Training.
WebDynpro for abap is a information and source code of which assist in how to develop SAP ABAP Web Dynpro applications.